Re: grace notes break preceding ties in MIDI

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: grace notes break preceding ties in MIDI
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 02:38:47 +0000

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 05:37:17PM +0000, Adam Spiers wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM, James <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 13 January 2013 17:27, Adam Spiers <address@hidden> wrote:

> [snipped]
>
> >> I have published my fix here and will submit to Rietveld soon:
> >>
> >> https://github.com/aspiers/lilypond/commits/tie-grace-fix
> >
> > Don't forget to open a tracker issue (use git-cl - which will open a tracker
> > and Rietveld at the same time) as this is what is used for automated Patch
> > testing.
>
> Already done by Eluze - see above.

OK, this fix is now in Rietveld:

https://codereview.appspot.com/7108043/

As you can see, I added a regression test-case, but I couldn't figure
out how to prove via "make check" etc. that the code actually altered
the MIDI output (even though manual testing shows that it clearly
does).

I followed the CG steps involving "make test-baseline", "make check"
etc. but these two files ended up having identical content:

    ./build/input/regression/out-test-baseline/midi-grace-after-tie.log
    ./build/input/regression/out-test/midi-grace-after-tie.log

i.e. they both wrote to

    ./build/out/lybook-testdb/83/lily-b715ac6a.midi

so a comparison of the new .midi file with a baseline version seems
impossible.  Am I missing something, or are .midi regressions not
implemented?

Thanks,
Adam