GUB/git help, please

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: GUB/git help, please
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:56:48 -0000

The problems with getting GUB to run last night meant I didn't have time to update VERSION and news in staging before turning in for the night. As a result, staging is now ahead of release/unstable by one commit.

The CG tells me to do the following:

git fetch
git checkout origin/staging
git merge origin/release/unstable

Then edit VERSION, etc., and push back to staging. Will this work in the presence of the extra commit in staging? Or should I cherry pick release/unstable into staging?

--
Phil Holmes