Re: Avoid excessive number of dots in chords (#3179). (issue 7319049)

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: Avoid excessive number of dots in chords (#3179). (issue 7319049)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:16:33 +0000

... next patch set will follow soon.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7319049/diff/7001/lily/dot-column.cc
File lily/dot-column.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7319049/diff/7001/lily/dot-column.cc#newcode206
lily/dot-column.cc:206: p += (int) robust_scm2double
(dp.dot_->get_property ("staff-position"), 0.0);
On 2013/02/18 08:06:45, Keith wrote:
That is why I suggested building allowed_positions using p:
   allowed_positions.add_point(p)

You can extend this to have a separate allowed_positions for each
chord, finding the Stem of the Dots as you did above.

But the `desired position' is not what I need!  Following Gould, I
really need the extrema of the chord's note head positions, slightly
extended at the top and the bottom in case those notes are sitting on a
line.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7319049/