Re: Caches the interior skylines of vertical axis groups and systems.(is

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Caches the interior skylines of vertical axis groups and systems.(issue 7185044)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:25:59 -0000

From: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:22 PM

>On 19 févr. 2013, at 16:11, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

OK, Mike, this is reassuring.  Seems like I read too much into
"It is true that this breaks old functionality for user overrides."

> The main thing this patch effects are esoteric grobs that normally don't get
> outside-staff-priority, like MultiMeasureRest, NoteHeads and Rests.

One of these that is commonly given an outside-staff-priority is Slur.  This
is used as an example in the LM.

> In light of this, what type of additions to the NR do you feel would be
> necessary
> to indicate the new behavior?

Probably nothing the the NR (although I haven't read it carefully to check)
but have a look at this section in the LM, particularly the bit on Slurs, to
see if
the text, as well as the examples, would remain correct.

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/learning/outside_002dstaff-objects#the-outside_002dstaff_002dpriority-property

Trevor