Re: Standardizes use of empty extents in pure heights and skylines. (iss

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Standardizes use of empty extents in pure heights and skylines. (issue 7310075)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 06:03:08 +0000

Just needs cleanup of some leftover unneeded complications.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/lily/skyline.cc
File lily/skyline.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/lily/skyline.cc#newcode488
lily/skyline.cc:488: will be ignored.
What do you mean by "they will be ignored"?  On line 501, empty segments
seem to be reversed, making non-empty segments.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/ly/engraver-init.ly
File ly/engraver-init.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/ly/engraver-init.ly#newcode896
ly/engraver-init.ly:896: \override Clef.Y-extent =
#grob::all-heights-from-stencil
Why the \overrride to the same value as its default ?

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/ly/gregorian.ly
File ly/gregorian.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/ly/gregorian.ly#newcode103
ly/gregorian.ly:103: \once \override BreathingSign.Y-extent =
#grob::all-heights-from-stencil
This is now the default, so no need for overrides.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/scm/define-grobs.scm
File scm/define-grobs.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/scm/define-grobs.scm#newcode1825
scm/define-grobs.scm:1825: (Y-extent .
,grob::unpure-empty-pure-point-height)
        (Y-extent . ,grob::all-heights-from-stencil)

We do not /want/ to allow outside-staff objects to slide down alongside
note-heads protruding from the staff, if by doing so they overlap any
repeat ties that might be there.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/scm/define-grobs.scm#newcode1992
scm/define-grobs.scm:1992: ; should preserve the span bar's presence for
horizontal spacing
"want this to be ignored" when ?
Presumably during staff-spacing, but what problem could it cause if not
ignored ?

If staves would otherwise move away trying to make room for it, the
SpanBar avoids this using cross-staff = ##t

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/scm/define-grobs.scm#newcode1993
scm/define-grobs.scm:1993: (Y-extent .
,grob::unpure-empty-pure-point-height)
(Y-extent . (0 . 0))

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/scm/lily-library.scm
File scm/lily-library.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/scm/lily-library.scm#newcode629
scm/lily-library.scm:629: (define-public small-empty-interval '(0.01 .
-0.01))
orphaned

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/scm/output-lib.scm
File scm/output-lib.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/38001/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode69
scm/output-lib.scm:69: (ly:make-unpure-pure-container #f '(0 . 0)))
The changes to define-grobs.scm work for me, so this can be orphaned,
thankfully.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/