Re: build: missing explicit dependency?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: build: missing explicit dependency?
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 17:07:38 +0100

2013/3/3 James <address@hidden>:
> On 2 March 2013 16:54, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello. When trying to build lilypond, I had to install the
>> texlive-metapost package which the autogen.sh did not ask for. Is this
>> a flaw of the config process?

> Well when I follow the NR to install the software to compile LP the
> builddep-lilypond seems to contain this

NR? you mean CG
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/requirements-for-compiling-lilypond
What is the builddep-lilypond and why do we link to ubuntu? Sorry, I
don't understand.

> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/lilypond
>
> I am not sure what Linux Dist you are using but did you follow the NR or are
> you getting the parts in a different way.

I tried not to install any package that weren't required and therefore
I installed only what config took as enough to start compiling. After
issuing 'make' it did fail for a missing package not listed explicitly
by autogen.sh

Yes, CG does lists metapost. But this peckage was not auto-installed
as a dependency from other previous packages.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com