Re: Change name of Patch Handler to Patch Meister in CG (issue 7498045)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Change name of Patch Handler to Patch Meister in CG (issue 7498045)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 09:35:00 +0000

On 2013/03/06 09:22:21, mike7 wrote:
On 6 mars 2013, at 10:13, mailto:address@hidden wrote:

> It's a mystery to me how anybody could interpret this text in any
other
> manner, but there is no point in being less clear than possible, so
> LGTM.
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/7498045/

A "handler" handles things, i.e. is the person who physically handles
something.
  In UPS, if I talk about my "package handler", it is the person who is
taking my
package from point A to Z.

But we are not talking about a "package handler" but rather a "Package
Handler".  If you are _capitalizing_ "Package Handler", it is a title
rather than a description.  The only language I know where
capitalization implies anything than a "proper noun" or a sentence
beginning is German.

It is a misleading name that should be changed.  I thought I was the
patch
handler when reading that document because I am the one handling my
patch.

English is your native language, so I am at a loss that you can't see
the difference between "Patch Handler" and "patch handler".

I am also at a loss how you can consider every patch submitter to be in
charge of handling the entire review process.

Where would that leave the Patch Meister?

At any rate, there is no point in discussing just how it is possible to
misinterpret the text in this manner short of considering its authors to
have been writing under the influence.

If we can make it even more clear, there is no point in not doing so.
Which is the same as with writing code.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7498045/