Re: GUB error with unpure-pure-container.cc

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB error with unpure-pure-container.cc
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:11:03 -0700

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 06:22:57PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> /home/gub/gub/target/darwin-ppc/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-release-unstable/lily/unpure-pure-container.cc:140:
> error:   initializing argument 2 of 'void
> scm_set_smob_apply(scm_t_bits, scm_unused_struct* (*)(...), unsigned
> int, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
>
> and GUB fails.  I don't understand why it should fail on GUB and not
> on a normal make, but there you go.

GUB uses gcc 4.2.1 or something like that.  The whole development
toolchain is a few years behind current linux distributions.  So
if new code relies on current compiler behaviour (whether that's
using C++11 or just plain bugfixes from previous versions), it can
easily work with "make" but not in GUB.  Also, the version of
guile in GUB might not be the latest -- again, if GUB has guile
1.8.1 (I'm making this up) but that new code relies on a bugfix in
guile 1.8.2, then it would also fail.  That said, guile hasn't
been updated for a while, so I doubt it's a problem with libguile
specifically.

I have no clue what's happening with scm_set_smob_apply(), so I
can't help more than that.