Re: alignment of unattached lyrics - opinions needed

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: alignment of unattached lyrics - opinions needed
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 11:21:13 +0100

On 17 mars 2013, at 11:05, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 12:20 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Do we
>> really need a particular associated voice instead of being able to do
>> this with general music column alignment?
>
> I'll write a full answer later today, but for now i can say that i
> don't know a way to do this.
> Let's say i have an unassociated LyricText grob.  It's parent is a
> PaperColumn.  Do you know how to grab an appropriate NoteColumn (if it
> exists)?
> (see self-alignment-interface.cc, line 134.  How to get a NoteColumn
> when all we have is 'him'?)

Hey Janek,

Sorry for the lack of review - today is my first day off in a long time!

I saw in one of your patch sets that you use the word "parent" to name a
function that takes grobs me and him.  If there is no longer a parental
relationship built into the function, it's worth changing the name of the
function.

In the stop_translation_timestep method of the lyric engraver, lyrics are given
note heads as parents.  Could you send a minimal where the lyrics are
unassociated from note-heads?

Cheers,
MS