Re: alignment of unattached lyrics - opinions needed

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: alignment of unattached lyrics - opinions needed
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:32:16 +0100

On 17 mars 2013, at 12:29, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mar 17, 2013 11:10 AM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> In the stop_translation_timestep method of the lyric engraver, lyrics are given note heads as parents.  Could you send a minimal where the lyrics are unassociated from note-heads?

\lyrics { do re mi }

If there's no associated voice the lyrics have no parent until the Paper_column_engraver steps in.

Cheers,
Neil

Cool cool - thanks!
Then, going back to Janek's question, Janek - what would an appropriate note-column be?  If there are several, how do we know from user input which one the lyric should align to?

Cheers,
MS