Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Allows slurs to break at barlines. (issue 7424049)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:28:23 +0100 (CET)

> I think any further proposals should _definitely_ explain how to write
> the given example
>
> g f e d(
> \repeat { c d) e f ( }
> \alternatives {
>   { g) a b( a \fake) }
>   { \fake( e) d c( d \fake) }
>   { \fake( d) c d( e }
> }
> d c) d c

Hmm.  It's not clear to me why lilypond can't handle this
automatically:

  g f e d(
  \repeat { c d) e f( }
  \alternatives {
    { g) a b( a }
    { e) d c( d }
    { d) c d( e }
  }
  d c) d c

I thought that Mike's patch is implementing exactly that...

It seems that I've *completely* misunderstood the syntax we were
talking about, so thanks for this detailed example.  However, I still
don't like \fake.  Looking at your syntax about, the corresponding TeX
name would be \phantom which I do now suggest.

    Werner