Re: LilyPond developer meeting Waltrop 2013 -- Date proposal

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: LilyPond developer meeting Waltrop 2013 -- Date proposal
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 19:46:49 +0200

hi David,

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok, since last year's meeting was sort of a smash hit
> <URL:http://news.lilynet.net/?The-LilyPond-Report-28> in spite of the
> rather late organization of it, I'm trying to start earlier this year.
>
> The proposed date would be Friday 16th to Tuesday 20th, possibility to
> arrive Thursday 15th late in the day for people who'd otherwise miss
> stuff early Friday.

Many things can still change, but this date seems ok for me now.

> I'd like to get more of an agenda/timetable set up
> this time.  While the free-falling coding sessions have been quite
> productive last year, a regular agenda will not actually keep the coders
> distracted all too much, I am afraid.

I think that we should focus on designing stuff, making plans and
creating big picture, and polishing some communication rough edges.
Coding sessions are nice, and tutorials about parser are helpful, but
they can be done via internet as well.  What cannot be done is
figuring out how to interact with ourselves to maximize effectiveness
and minimize conflicts.  (yeah, i know that this doesn't sound very
brilliant).  I'll start writing down potential topics.

best,
Janek