Re: Stable release state

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Stable release state
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 13:23:28 +0300

On 6 avr. 2013, at 12:07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> With the recent batch of material with missing documentation, extensive
> code changes and new functionality without previous exposure and moving
> interfaces (like
> commit 88d306d9c5666b5ade4a136df29cca19c5ff5ed7
> Author: Mike Solomon <address@hidden>
> Date:   Sat Apr 6 09:54:58 2013 +0200
>
>    Break slurs between alternative endings in repeats; issue 1698.
>
>    Create new event-types BreakPhrasingSlurEvent BreakSlurEvent,
>    and a music-function \free so that users can create them.
>    Create these event-types in the volta-repeat-iterator to break
>    slurs between alternatives in a \repeat volta structure.
>
> ) it is clear that master has stopped being suitable for turning into a
> stable branch.  There are several ways forward, none of them
> particularly endearing.

Quick note to say that I'm fine reverting this if it gets in the way of stable
release plans and waiting till a stable release comes out before this goes in.
In this case, what would help on the countdown is to know what is patch push
straightaway and what is patch push after the next stable release.

Cheers,
MS