Re: Add the command \offset to LilyPond (issue 8647044)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add the command \offset to LilyPond (issue 8647044)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:38:09 +0000

On 2013/04/23 19:03:18, david.nalesnik wrote:
On 2013/04/23 13:14:23, janek wrote:
> anyway, this patch LTGM.

Thanks, Janek!

The patch has passed countdown, but in view of the fact that a stable
release is
on the horizon, it may not be appropriate to push it at this time.

On the other hand, an argument for pushing it right away might be to
guard it
against loss of functionality, as happened recently regarding
Stem.length and
Y-offset for certain grobs.

Huh?  I don't understand that argument.  On the other hand, the patch is
missing a Changes entry and any integration into the user documentation,
so it is mostly inaccessible to users anyway (and the means to
discuss/review its interface design are limited) and there seems little
point to include it in this state.  If we don't have documentation for
the next unstable release, the chances for translations etc to arrive
timely are slim.

https://codereview.appspot.com/8647044/