Re: note-name-engraver: add user-defined note names support (issue 85930

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: note-name-engraver: add user-defined note names support (issue 8593046)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 22:38:58 +0000

On 2013/04/24 17:16:14, fanziye1 wrote:
I found the variable 'pitchnames'(Thanks for your teaching:).
There is a note-name->lily-string procedure can be used to get a
pitch's name.
Now I want to use it in C++ code. According to the Guile Reference,
'gh_call'
seems a right choice. But I found no appearance of 'gh_call' in
lily/*.cc . So
how do you call a scheme procedure from C++ in lilypond?

Maybe gh_call is from guile 2.0?  We're still at 1.8 or something like
that.

On 2013/04/21 21:09:30, janek wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/8593046/diff/1/lily/note-name-engraver.cc#newcode54
> lily/note-name-engraver.cc:54: note_name_list.push_back
(ly_scm2string
> (scm_list_ref (scm_note_name_list, scm_from_int(i))));
> as a general rule, please try to keep lines under 80 characters long
if
> possible.

Thank you very much. I'll try to rewrite the patch and add related
documentation
changes. but now that I've uploaded a patch here, how could I modify
it (or add
new changes)? should I upload new patch to the same googlecode issue?

New patchset should be "announced" in the tracker issue, yes.

As for uploading new patchset, i'm not sure about one thing: how did you
upload the first patchset to Rietveld?
If you didn't use git-cl, you should try it now, as described here:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor/commits-and-patches#uploading-a-patch-for-review
(be sure to set the Rietveld issue number using 'git cl issue
<issue-number>' so that the patchset will be added to this issue instead
of creating a new one).

If you did use git-cl, it seems that you might need to update git-cl to
latest version to get optimal results (i.e. have tracker issue status
set for you by git-cl).  If you have trouble checking if your installed
git-cl is up-to-date, let us know.

I get a feeling that my explanations are becoming somewhat convoluted,
so if anything's unclear, just ask.

best,
Janek

https://codereview.appspot.com/8593046/