Re: Issue 3330: redo much of the stencil stacking/spacing/empty-check (i

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: Issue 3330: redo much of the stencil stacking/spacing/empty-check (issue 8869044)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 07:26:50 +0000

On 2013/04/29 03:31:14, Keith wrote:
I worry a little about making the extent of markup different from the
union of
its components.  Someone may have used  c4^\markup{\hspace #-3 "text"}
 and the
left side of the "text" is now vulnerable to collisions.

I'd say that such a result is ok.  I think that a proper way to move a
markup is to translate the markup, or maybe internally translating its
content.  By "internally translating content of a markup/stencil" i mean
transforming this

[.FooBar]

into

[Foobar.]

(i.e. the moving the graphic and the extent to the left, so that the
reference point will be right.  I may be missing something, though.)

Janek

https://codereview.appspot.com/8869044/