Re: problem with bar numbers and marks

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: problem with bar numbers and marks
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 00:29:38 +0000 (UTC)

Werner LEMBERG <wl <at> gnu.org> writes:

> [release/2.17.15-1-39-g2e81934]

   \new Top   { s1        s1\mark \default        s1 }

> with a recent lilypond version, I get this warning multiple times
>
>   programming error: cyclic dependency:
>    calculation-in-progress encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights
>    (VerticalAxisGroup)

This has something to do with the \mark using
   Y-offset = ,side-position-interface::y-aligned-side
to get its initial Y-offset relative to the "Top"
After line-breaking, the marks are moved to the top-most visible staff,
and re-positioned relative to that.

The error went away when I made the tempo-spacing change, because I
changed the initial positioning of the \mark to be just above its parent
(Score or Top).   I think I'll revert that change so this bug will
reappear.