Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 00:58:13 -0700 (PDT)

Eluze wrote

> ps: I don't know why the file lilypod-invoke-editor has no extension. imo
> it should be renamed and the registry for textedit would be ok.

Well, at first:
Windows uses the file extension to define (in the registry) with which
application a file has to be opened (interpreted), while on UNIX systems
this interpeter command is written in the first line (after the two
characters »#!«).
Consequently, it would be best to 'create' lilypond-invoke-editor for UNIX
builds but lilypond-invoke-editor.scm for Windows builds.
Unfortunately I did not find where to define this switch. As the
point-and-click call mechanism is only targeting »what command is defined in
the windows registry« it's more simple to keep the file names for both
Windows and UNIX identical, and the »textedit registry entry« on windows
needs to be corrected in both situations, for the file with extension ».scm«
as well as for the file without this extension.

Next:
I tried notepad++. It should also be called with »start« in windows. And
after only a little usage of notepad++ I would prefer it to lilypad.

Finally (for today):
I include here a new copy of .../scm/editor.scm (based on Version 2.17.16),
also the (not changed since my last info) file lilypond-invoke-editor.
point-and-click-on-windows.zip
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n145504/point-and-click-on-windows.zip>

It's ready for testing.
And I added an additional feature to .../scm/editor.scm: you can define your

ArnoldTheresius