Re: Problem with Ubuntu Raring Ringtail?

From: James
Subject: Re: Problem with Ubuntu Raring Ringtail?
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 20:09:03 +0100

On 26/05/13 20:01, David Kastrup wrote:
James <address@hidden> writes:

David,

On 26/05/13 17:39, David Kastrup wrote:
Hi, I get a segfault within Ghostscript on a current Ubuntu system when
I do

lilypond -dpreview input/regression/toc.ly

Appended.  Anybody else who sees this problem?  Or is it only my system
or hardware which is broken?  It basically means that "make doc" is dead
for me right now.  Not good.
I don't have RR as a build env, but it is my core OS (well it's
actually Xubuntu so I am not sure if that matters).
Depends.  I think they may be a bit later in updates, so the problem
might not yet have arrived there (can't be there for long).

I downloaded the latest dev (2.17.18) and then downloaded the toc.ly
from the tree and compiled it thus (it worked fine but there are some
messages at the end when GS is invoked):
GPL Ghostscript 8.70 (2009-07-31)
That's not the version in Raring and actually astonishingly old.  I get

GPL Ghostscript 9.07 (2013-02-14)
Copyright (C) 2012 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.

Hmm..

Looking at Synaptic I have 9.07 installed.

address@hidden:~$ ghostscript --version
9.07

---

Do we package 8.0?