LilyDev adventures (was Re: Woodwind diagram for recorder)

From: Dominique Faure
Subject: LilyDev adventures (was Re: Woodwind diagram for recorder)
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 10:39:52 +0200

Hi,

On 30 May 2013 16:54, James <address@hidden> wrote:
> hello,
>

> On 30 May 2013 09:38, Dominique Faure <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]
>> Last night I downloaded the LilyDev iso and will this evening install
>> it on the desktop box as a VMware Player guest.
>

> I find that the snapshot/rollback and clone features of VirtualBox (compared
> to VMware Player) very useful. Also VirtualBox has a good community and is
> updated more than VMware Player. I think many of the lilydev users tend to
> use VBox too so that always helps if you run into issues there.

I easily made it work under latest VMware Player (lilypond compilation
successful).

For the record, the LilyDev iso is rather old now and still lacking of
the "texlive-lang-cyrillic" package preinstalled. Hopefully, digging
into the mailing-list archives I found a reference to
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2742 which helped
me to point it out.

Giving priority to free software (and appealing features), I'll give a
try with VirtualBox soon.

--
Dominique