Re: Issue3383: old-straight-flag + smaller Stem.thickness gives no outpu

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Issue3383: old-straight-flag + smaller Stem.thickness gives no output and huge over (issue 10086043)
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 05:59:45 +0000

I thought you were suggesting to store the endpoints (not slopes) and do
interpolation between the endpoints.

This change doesn't exactly simplify the code.  This still stores slopes
that can be completely imprecise due to round-off error.  I see that by
using the start_height_ instead of the intercept you keep the resulting
errors small, but I can easily imagine someone coming along, thinking
the code would be simpler if we base the sloped lines on a y_intercept
at x=0, and unknowingly re-create the problem you just fixed.

https://codereview.appspot.com/10086043/diff/4/lily/skyline.cc
File lily/skyline.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/10086043/diff/4/lily/skyline.cc#newcode194
lily/skyline.cc:194: // Since the code is pretty sensitive to the exact
semantics, we try
Probably you mean "semantics is sensitive to the exact code".
The output really should not be sensitive to the changes you make below.
 Building::conceals() should be simply height()>other.height
The version in master seems written the way it was to save one or two
floating-point multiplies (but at the cost of a few tests and branches).

https://codereview.appspot.com/10086043/diff/4/lily/skyline.cc#newcode209
lily/skyline.cc:209: return slope_ > other.slope_ ? height (x) >=
other.height (x)
What test changed that forced you to add this test?
It might be simply a png-preview artifact.

https://codereview.appspot.com/10086043/