Re: whack-a-regression

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: whack-a-regression
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 16:44:51 +0000 (UTC)

Keith OHara <k-ohara5a5a <at> oco.net> writes:

> You could experiment to understand better the situations that lead to the
> out-of-memory crash under Windows --- issue 3432 and other reports on bug-
> lilypond yesterday.  This makes version 2.17.21 useless on Windows.

> Looking at the commits since version 2.17.20, the only one that seems
> related is my change to outside-staff-padding, but I cannot imagine a way

That one was the patch for issue 2910.
Maybe it would help to experiment to find whether 'outside-staff-padding
and 'horizontal-skyline-padding affect the problem.

There is also
 Issue3383: old-straight-flag + smaller Stem.thickness gives no output and
that rewrites a lot of skylining code, but the new code looked good.