getting `random' patches reviewed

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: getting `random' patches reviewed
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 10:13:47 -0700 (PDT)

continuation of

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-07/msg00000.html

James wrote:
>> Hey, why isn't this patch on the countdown list?
>> https://codereview.appspot.com/10759043/
>>
>> I posted it to -devel here:
>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-06/msg00252.html
>
> You'll notice that the countdown email uses Google Tracker
> references.
>
> Which google tracker is it?
>
> Unless it gets a tracker that is set to patch-new item it
> won't get tested (and probably won't get reviewed) and
> unless it gets tested it won't get on the countdown.
>
> I don't keep track of random patches sent to devel.
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor-big-page#uploading-a-patch-for-review

What's the right way to do this, then?  I expect I may end
up writing a lot of patches that solve problems that I run
into on my own, problems that are not listed in the tracker.
The one mentioned above is a representative example.

Should I start a new tracker issue for every little change I
want to make?  That seems excessive.

Should I just push to staging?  That seems counter to the
spirit of the whole countdown thing.

So, what to do?

Thanks.
- Mark