Re: Create a two-argument form of define-event-class (issue 10965043)

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Create a two-argument form of define-event-class (issue 10965043)
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 11:01:24 +0000

On 2013/07/06 00:05:35, dak wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/10965043/diff/1/scm/define-event-classes.scm
File scm/define-event-classes.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/10965043/diff/1/scm/define-event-classes.scm#newcode87
scm/define-event-classes.scm:87: (define ancestor-lookup
(make-hash-table
(length all-event-classes)))
AOn 2013/07/05 23:20:48, thomasmorley651 wrote:
> I'm not convinced about the naming.
>
> 'ancestor' is defined in titling-init.ly, ofcourse with different
functionality.
> 'ancestor-lookup' is a _very_ generic naming, and it's usage _is_
generic in a
> certain way.
> Though, I'd prefer something like
'ancestor-all-event-classes-lookup'.
> No, that's to long.
> But you get the point.

Actually, I don't get the point.  This is not a public variable, so
there is not
much chance for collision.  It's local to the lily module, and come
Guilev2, it
will be local to this file.

True. Ofcourse.
It's more that I'd prefer namings which mirrors more exactly what the
defined stuff will do.
(Though, that would mean to rename a the definition in titling-init.ly,
too. And probably a lot of others throughout our source-code.)

https://codereview.appspot.com/10965043/diff/1/scm/document-music.scm
File scm/document-music.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/10965043/diff/1/scm/document-music.scm#newcode33
scm/document-music.scm:33: (let* ((class
(ly:camel-case->lisp-identifier (car
entry)))
On 2013/07/05 23:20:48, thomasmorley651 wrote:
> Apart from using tabs I'm not able to see any difference to the old
file.

The call to ly:make-event-class takes one argument less, and
doc-context is no
longer defined.

Ahh, I've overlooked it.

> No offense, just curious about it:
> I was told not to use tabs, what's the reason for using them here?

The first commit in the series is a revert.  It brought the tabs back
from the
dead: apparently I untabified as part of the commit in question.  I
can probably
rerun the Scheme indenter.  The "revert" commit is not a clean revert
anyway.

Thanks for your explication.

https://codereview.appspot.com/10965043/diff/1/scm/document-music.scm#newcode91
scm/document-music.scm:91: (classes (ly:make-event-class class))
Again: this line has changed non-trivially, and the context around it
is then a
large merge conflict because of having gotten untabified in the
original commit
that has now been reverted.

https://codereview.appspot.com/10965043/