Re: References to publications in the docs

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: References to publications in the docs
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 20:47:20 +0200

On 07/13/2013 02:11 PM, Federico Bruni wrote:
> It was ignored from the very beginning (perhaps a kind of todo list):

Pretty much.  At the actual time of writing there was some discussion of whether
or not to include info on interesting scores to look at, the general feeling was
against, but no conclusion was reached and so nothing got updated.

I should apologize that the whole contemporary notation section isn't fuller and
more fleshed out.  Motivation on it kind of got lost when I realized that
certain very simple contemporary notations (e.g. arrowed quarter-tone notation)
were unacceptably complex in practice, and though some people did attempt to
work on that, AFAIK nothing came of it.  See:

... for some of the details.  But the main reason was that I took up a new job
which had me too busy to focus on following up on the work. :-(