Re: Backtrace from LilyPond crashing while running make doc

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Backtrace from LilyPond crashing while running make doc
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 18:47:46 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:45 PM

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

As I've said earlier, I consistently get a crash trying to make doc,
and the crash continues to occur whilst making the preview of
orchestra.ly.  I've followed David's instructions and created the
attached backtrace.  This was created using ../configure
--disable-optimising (the same happens without the switch).

Is this any use for working out what's happening?

Sure.

#0 std::_List_const_iterator<Building>::operator* (this=0x7fff5f66d3e8, src=<value optimised out>)
   at /home/phil/lilypond-git/lily/skyline.cc:468

This actually sounds a lot like _not_ being compiled without
optimization.  Sure that you did not misspell the option or forgot make
clean or whatever else?

I'd run it first time with optimised code, and not realised that gdb appends output to the logfile, rather than replacing it.

But that is a different backtrace:

#0  0x000000000068583d in Skyline (this=0x7fff83458b48, src=...)
   at /home/phil/lilypond-git/lily/skyline.cc:468

See above.

All this is definitely already helpful.  What's disconcerting is that
it's again in the skyline code: are your backtraces now from a code
where the commit for issue 3383 has already been reverted?  Or do they
correspond to any situation between

Current master.

--
Phil Holmes