Relative Octave changes

From: Andres Orellana
Subject: Relative Octave changes
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 23:28:16 +0000 (UTC)

There is no option in lilypond where I can choose the octave note, so for
example middle C is C4 on the piano, this type of control would be very
useful because it gives much more control to the musician. It would be
easier to just choose the note directly by their octave number. Please email
me if you have more questions. I am a music major and a computer science
major so I know how important this feature would be to have for both
musicians and programmers.