Re: Working with unpure-pure containers (issue 3385)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Working with unpure-pure containers (issue 3385)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:41:56 +0200

Mike Solomon <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> Sorry for my lack of devel time over the past few months - I'm using
> LilyPond almost every day but just don't have time to develop.  Once I
> get some, I'm very much looking forward to getting back into things.
>
> I've created a remote branch dev/upc-test that rewinds master to the
> commit right before the big unpure-pure-container one and then commits
> everything save define-grobs.scm.  The octave bracket stuff compiles
> fine.  What would likely help, if someone has time, is going through
> the modifications in define-grobs.scm (diff attached) one-by-one and
> seeing the smallest set of modifications possible that trigger the
> error.

I went through the exercise of applying the patch and then
repeatedly executing

echo -e 'n\ns\ny\nq'|git add -p
git commit -m x

until all its pieces had been committed (the first n is for a
spacing-only change though it might have gotten in by accident at the
end, s is for trying to split into smaller units, y is for adding one
patch, q for exiting git add).

That is available on dev/upc-test-2 so with a bit of luck, git bisect
should be usable between both of those commits/branches.