Re: Unable to run test patchy - URI changed for tracker?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Unable to run test patchy - URI changed for tracker?
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 23:39:38 -0700

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 03:48:52PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> Three options I can think of.  1) use something other than Google.

Github has an API; we could make an actual "lilypond" organization
with them.  Granted, that's still putting one's eggs in a
commercial company's basket, but at least github is focused on
development rather than google's rather broad interests.

I don't think we want to go with self-hosting (too much admin),
and unfortunately savannah's developer tools are nothing like
google or github's.  It's been a few years since I looked at them,
so I could be convinced otherwise.

> 2) go manual for bug updating.

I don't think that's a long-term solution.

> 3) "Screen scrape".

I'd be seriously concerned about breakage.  That said, it wouldn't
be too bad if we used a fixed format like

PATCHY: info to be parsed\n
\n

for all updates.