Re: ERROR: Please install required programs: International New Century S

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: ERROR: Please install required programs: International New Century Schoolbook fonts
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 02:42:39 +0200

2013/8/3 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
James <address@hidden> writes:

> On 03/08/13 18:53, Federico Bruni wrote:
>> I'm getting this error if I run ./autogen.sh in git master:
>>
>> ERROR: Please install required programs:  International New Century
>> Schoolbook fonts International New Century Schoolbook fonts
>>
>> I can't find the missing package,  I have all the ones listes in the CG.
>> What I'm missing?
>>
> Hello,
>
> Well when I run configure in an out of tree build I get the line
>
> --snip--
> checking New Century Schoolbook PFB
> files... /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/c059013l.pfb
> /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/c059033l.pfb
> /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/c059036l.pfb
> /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/c059016l.pfb
> --snip--
>
> So I assume this is where it is checking.
>
> I can only assume you have updated or removed some other package that
> has broken this dependency?

gsfonts probably?

gsfonts is installed

I've just  spot a warning in the middle of the terminal output:

checking New Century Schoolbook PFB files... configure: WARNING: /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/urw/ncntrsbk/uncbi8a.pfb does not have Cyrillic characters.
configure: WARNING: /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/urw/ncntrsbk/uncri8a.pfb does not have Cyrillic characters.