Re: Avoids calling pure calculations too far downstream and avoids trigg

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Avoids calling pure calculations too far downstream and avoids triggering quanting too far upstream (issue 12951044)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 06:03:28 +0000

On 2013/08/15 05:51:36, mike7 wrote:
On 15 août 2013, at 08:35, mailto:address@hidden wrote:

> Could you mark the relevant object as 'cross-staff' when the
cross-staff
> item is added to it 'support', rather than search through its
support
> later?

see above: this would mean that ottava brackets are marked as
cross-staff, which
we don't want.

Well, the thing we did not want was to have ottava brackets ignored for
staff-spacing.
The bracket overlaps the next staff the same way, whether you call it
'cross-staff' or
function_to_deal_with_one_special_case()

chUp = \change Staff = "upper"
chDn = \change Staff = "lower"
\new PianoStaff << \new Staff = "lower" { s1 }
\new Staff = "upper"
{ \relative c' { \ottava #1 c'8 \chDn c \chUp c \chDn c \chUp f''2 } }

https://codereview.appspot.com/12951044/