Re: Adds bar line section to LM (Issue 3408) (issue 12724043)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Adds bar line section to LM (Issue 3408) (issue 12724043)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:59:31 +0800

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 08:53:44AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> On 2013/08/16 08:16:22, mail_philholmes.net wrote:
> >> Do we really need to explain how to do special bar lines before
> >> explaining accidentals?
>
> >According to mail to -user, yes.  The only reason I did this was
> because of
> >a request there.
>
> The mail said it seemed strange that there was final bar-line in any
> examples in the Learning Manual.

I don't think we need to respond to every single doc suggestion;
often users are unaware of the trade-offs we've chosen or are
particularly focused on their application domain ("why bother with
stuff for singers?  the LM should only be about monophonic music
which is used for strings").

> I would be tempted to simply insert \bar "|." into the longer examples
> in the LM, with no explanation, so it is there for curious people to
> find, and shows them what to look up in the index to learn more.

Either that, or add "alternate bar lines" to 2.4 Final touches.