Re: Documentation: punctuation in menus

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Documentation: punctuation in menus
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:58:39 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

When a policy makes things go from bad to worse, it makes sense to first
change things manually to good before trying to apply policy.  That's a
stupid section title.

> The example I gave was just a single example - there are others.

At any rate, Texinfo is not happy about colons in node names (it doesn't
mind them in section titles as long as there is associated node).  One
can fudge about a bit, but at least the Info backend has no way of
understanding a colon in a node name, and Info is a quite nicely
supported format for the LilyPond docs.