Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 16:37:55 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Julien Rioux" <address@hidden>; "LilyPond Developmet Team" <address@hidden>; "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:37 PM

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Am 18.09.2013 14:28, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
2013/9/18 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
2013/9/17 Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
But as far as I've understood, code doesn't get into upstream master that
way anyway, there is the Rietveld code review stage in between?
How do commits (from developers) actually end up in master?
It's
c) they are usually not pushed to any branch, unless it's a big or
long-running change (think "Mike's skylines").  If you want to base
some new work on a yet unmerged patch, you usually need to ask the
author to push the branch.

OK, and if someone without push access (e.g. me) had something to
contribute, would the following process seem right?

1)
Upload a patch to Rietveld and go through review, possibly changing
the code.

The contributor's guide details the tools and workflows that make it
easy to get right.  It's possible to do it manually as well, of course.

2)
When review is finished prepare a patch file (or series of patch
files) and find someone with push access whom I can send it to?

Yup.

Strictly, not necessarily even that. I've pushed patches picked up from Rietveld. It's more work for the pusher, but can be done.

--
Phil Holmes