Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 17:53:35 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

Yup.  So we are talking about creating untested patches here that
eventually travel into the usual testing pipeline we use.  Adding code
comments and work on the documentation can actually be worthwhile with
that kind of setup, and we have an actual pipeline for translations
entirely separate from our issue submission system.  It just shares the
final lilypond-patchy-staging testing run which triggers pretty rarely
nowadays, but still has provided a good safety net from breaking the
code base for quite a while.

Translations are a specific sort of documentation work, and other tasks
might get away without a full LilyDev setup on the input end as well.