Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:05:15 +0200

On 24/09/13 18:19, Janek Warchoł wrote:
Whatever is meant by those saying it, at the end of the day it comes across
as: "Hey, we don't care about your usability issues, we don't care that it's
difficult and finnicky to contribute to us, we only care about solving that
problem if you solve it for us."

I believe that you are unjust to them.

I chose my words carefully here, but perhaps not carefully enough.

I wrote "whatever is meant" because I understand full well that it's extremly unlikely that anyone here really would not care. It's quite clear that much of this disagreement stems from concern over the practical impact of any changes to Lilypond's workflow and tools, and it's completely understandable that people would want to be cautious about changing from something that has flaws but works, to something that is unproven.

Anyway, I sincerely apologize for this remark, although it was meant to be a comment on how to avoid unproductive discussion, in retrospect it rather serves as an example of how to engage in such ... :-(

PS this will sound silly, but here's a smiley for you all: :-)
I like you!

Right back. :-)