Re: Calculate wordwrapped/justified lines using the stencil stacking pri

From: dak
Subject: Re: Calculate wordwrapped/justified lines using the stencil stacking primitives (issue 13827044)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 22:25:46 +0000

On 2013/09/24 22:01:17, janek wrote:

> and you'll see that the old code has problems in the patterns ending
on
> 85 and 104.

Thanks, this should help me understand what's going on.

Without looking at the code, that's not all that likely.

Interestingly, with current master (bfdebcb93bebe820c2d5fd6c1bed) the
pattern ending with 104 appears to be fine.

My current "fresh" installed LilyPond at /usr/local/bin/lilypond from
which I reported the behavior is 2.17.23, the main spacing changes were
2.17.19.  There might have been some fixes to linewrapping after
2.17.23, and/or this might be related to font metrics.

commit 6e8698dcb9a9b9a98d8b1a644c84fcb737f99bdc
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Thu Aug 1 12:20:24 2013 +0200

    Issue 3483: Pango font size should be calculated using rounding

could be relevant here, and it's 2.17.24, indeed later.  Of course,
numerical accuracy can _always_ come into play here and make things
differ on different compilers/libraries/optimization levels, but the
probability is rather low.

https://codereview.appspot.com/13827044/