Re: improving our contributing tools and workflow

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: improving our contributing tools and workflow
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 15:11:04 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Rushton Wakeling" <address@hidden>
To: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Jan Nieuwenhuizen" <address@hidden>; "Janek WarchoĊ‚" <address@hidden>; "LilyPond Development Team" <address@hidden>; "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:22 PM

On 26/09/13 15:04, David Kastrup wrote:
How many substantial patches would you expect yourself to be
contributing in the wake of such a move per month to LilyPond?

Don't know. Most of my potential contributions to Lilypond are likely to be documentation -- among other things I'd like to revisit and finish up the Contemporary Music section.

That would be something that we desperately need. The NR documentation on Contemporary Notation is shockingly poor. I would be prepared to accept almost any form of input from you with the words that improve that section of the NR and would be happy to type "git cl upload" on your behalf, in order to get the patches reviewed.

--
Phil Holmes