Re: Quarter-tone arrow notation [was: Re: improving our contributing too

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Quarter-tone arrow notation [was: Re: improving our contributing tools and workflow]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:38:52 +0200

Joseph Rushton Wakeling <address@hidden> writes:

> On 26/09/13 17:35, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>> Unfortunately, it was someone putting forward a workaround which I'd already
>> proposed and found lacking, as it doesn't play nice with transposition :-(
>>
>> There was actually a patch submitted which tweaked the internal pitch
>> representation appropriately: https://codereview.appspot.com/3789044/
>>
>> ... but work on it seems to have been abandoned.
>
> I should add that despite being the author of the original enhancement
> request, I don't think I was ever invited to take part in that review,
> which is a shame, as a number of participants seem to have
> misunderstood what I asked for.
>
> It may have just passed me by, though.  I was working in a very
> intense and stressful job at the time and not following discussion
> very closely.

You commented on the issue where this patch originated as late as July:
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1278#c7>.  So
it's hard to argue that it was not discoverable to you.

The creation of the issue tracker was pointed out to you in a direct
reply by Valentin in
<URL:http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2010-09/msg00424.html>.

The discussion thread containing this pointer consists of four mails.
Three of those mails were written by yourself, only the final reply with
the pointer to the tracker issue was written by Valentin.

I doubt that using a different tool would have changed your perception
of never having been invited to take part in that review.