Re: Failed 'make' with 2.17.27 from tarball

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Failed 'make' with 2.17.27 from tarball
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:43:22 +0200

2013/9/30 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Looks like it.  There were several recent changes in the build system,
>>> actually even a change that was supposed to actually distribute
>>> ly-grammar.txt.  It's conceivable that Make sees the distributed
>>> ly-grammar.txt and does not bother regenerating it, while makeinfo
>>> doesn't find it.  Which would mean that distributing ly-grammar.txt is
>>> what causing the problem.  It may also be that unrelated problems are
>>> involved.
>>>
>>> Did you try building in-place or in a separate build directory?
>>
>> In a separate build directory, following CG, doing
>>
>>      cd lilypond-2.17.27/
>>      sh autogen.sh --noconfigure
>>      mkdir -p build/
>>      cd build/
>>      ../configure
>>      make
>
> Do you have the corresponding config.log file?  It would be interesting
> to see whether you have bison/flex installed.

Extract from config.log

configure:6109: checking for bison
configure:6125: found /usr/bin/bison
configure:6136: result: bison -y
configure:6154: checking for bison
configure:6170: found /usr/bin/bison
configure:6181: result: bison
configure:6303: checking bison version
configure:6366: result: 2.4.1

Sending the complete as private mail, because my real name is in it.

-Harm