Re: Stanza number not sliding under time signature (issue 2469?) SOLVED

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Stanza number not sliding under time signature (issue 2469?) SOLVED
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 18:20:00 +0200

Robert Memering <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 12.10.2013 17:39, schrieb David Kastrup:
>
>> Well, the best workaround is to
>>
>> a) prepare a small example clearly demonstrating the problem and/or
>> b) show that the examples used for issue 2469 no longer work like they
>>    did after fix
>>
>> Then you have a good chance that just using 2.17.29 or 2.17.30, or more
>> importantly 2.18.0 when they come out will already work fine.
>>

> Well, thanks for making me put some more effort in providing a minimal
> example...
>
> Turns out, this behaviour was caused by a \bar "" at the very beginning
> of my music expression (that was necessary for some other tweaking which
> I can't remember anymore).

I am not convinced that \bar "" should cause any space to be reserved.
You might have found the _cause_ of your problem and found it easy to
remove.  But it still might be worth to record this as an undesired
effect of \bar "" so that it can't trip up others.  It's nice that this
was not a regression, but it still seems like it could be an opportunity
for progression.

Not every step forward requires a previous step backward as
justification.