Re: 2.18 release plans (again).

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: 2.18 release plans (again).
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 23:50:24 +0100

2013/10/28 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>> Eh, nevermind.  I guess i'll just let it wait and gather dust for the
>> next two months, and bring it back as a Christmas present.
>
> Your mileage may vary.  You are irritated because a piece of purportedly
> solid code is laying dormant for half a year.  I am irritated because so
> few people can be bothered with getting release-critical stuff under
> control that the stable release of LilyPond 2.18 has been dragging on
> for half a year.  This thread is titled "2.18 release plans" and you use
> it for trying to divert resources to your own priorities and complaining
> when people don't respond in a timely or favorable manner.

Indeed, it looks that i hijacked this thread.  I shouldn't have
discussed this topic in such manner, i apologize.

> For you it might feel like a conspiracy against your work.

No, i know that there is no conspiracy.  I'm too impatient.

> But there is
> more than just your work to be done, and different people have different
> priorities and focus.  It is likely also in your own interest if the
> release of 2.18 moves forward even if you don't see it that way.  If you
> think I am lousy at managing the circumstances surrounding the release
> work, feel free to volunteer do this job next time.

No, i don't think that you're bad at managing releases.  I think
you're doing good job.

For my part, i'm closing the topic of my alignment patch for now.

best,
Janek