Re: compilation errors from Xcode's new standard library

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: compilation errors from Xcode's new standard library
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 13:59:12 +0100

On Nov 3, 2013, at 1:50 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

Mike Solomon <address@hidden> writes:

Apple’s home cooked clang is not free software, so there’s no reason
to expect free software to compile with it.

Non sequitur.  There is nothing wrong with trying to bring some more
taste of free software to people in the Apple jails.  Now there are
alternative means, so it's not high urgency.  In particular, if you are
the only person we've heard of so far and already moved to an
alternative: we run into danger of putting in a lot of work for purely
imaginary users.

It took me 15 minutes of work to compile with g++.  I can’t imagine that anyone who knows what they’re doing (TM) won’t be able to figure this out in a reasonable timeframe unless they have a seriously messed up computer.

I don’t mind giving up on it.

Shrug.  At any rate, it would be important to get some feedback
regarding installation of the stock LilyPond binary distribution on the
newest OSX.  It would be good if that worked before we put out 2.18.

Cheers,
MS