Re: anonymous functions in define-grobs.scm

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: anonymous functions in define-grobs.scm
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 23:49:42 -0800

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 22:12:28 -0800, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

"Keith OHara" <address@hidden> writes:

Near the top of 'define-grobs.scm' it says
;;;; WARNING: don't use anonymous functions for initialization.
and I am wondering why.

My personal guess is that anonymous functions look like garbage and/or
don't print nicely or at all in EG.

That's probably it.
I used a lambda() for a property of TrillPitchGroup and nothing exploded, but the
Internals Guide prints the default value of that property as #<procedure #f
(grob)>.

I put up a revised patch that does a much more tidy job by using another
property of TrillPitchGroup