Re: Support articulations, slurs and breaths in MIDI (issue 26470047)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Support articulations, slurs and breaths in MIDI (issue 26470047)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 18:12:08 +0000

On 2013/11/26 17:54:57, Ian Hulin (gmail) wrote:
On 2013/11/24 15:40:01, janek wrote:
> 2013/11/24  <address@hidden>:

> >> I want this too, but apparently it was discussed previously, and
some
> >> users don't want voltas automatically unfolded, because they
don't
> >> want to hear them twice when proofreading.
> >
> > Perhaps do it conditionally based on some context property?
1+
(see also comment below)

> I would like that!  I'm one of the users who'd like the music to be
> automatically unfolded (in fact, i don't understand why would
someone
> not want to have at least tremolo repeats unfolded).

1+
Thinking about the context property David suggested, (if it were
called
repeat-performance, for example)
would we could have three settings for it
#'all (expand volta, tremolo, percent and unfold for the performer)
#'notvolta (expand only tremolo, percent and unfold for the performer)
#'unfold (as now, expand only unfold for the performer)
with repeat-performance=#'all as the default, and people who like the
current
behaviour able to set it to
#'unfold

I don't see why this should not just be a list of symbols (and it seems
absurd not to unfold unfold).

So
#'(volta tremolo percent)
#'(tremolo percent)
#'()

If you want to have unfold unfolded conditionally, then add unfold to
each of those lists.

https://codereview.appspot.com/26470047/