Re: Reduce offsets of \super and \sub (issue 35320043)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Reduce offsets of \super and \sub (issue 35320043)
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 09:31:20 +0000

On 2013/12/01 09:16:14, Keith wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 23:56:09 -0800, <mailto:address@hidden>
wrote:

> I have one request: this patch makes the situation better, and even
if
> the baseline-skip approach is wrong, it was already used that way so
> it's not making things worse.  I suggest to push this patch, and
then
> work on making this smarter (in the spirit of "best is the enemy of
the
> good").

Definitely.

The patch as it is already fixes both cases here
    \markup {      \concat { 8 \super va }
      \fontsize #3 \concat { 8 \super va } }
because \fontsize changes baseline-skip in harmony.

\fontsize does, but \small, \large, \huge, \super (!) all do an override
to font-size which does _not_ affect baseline-skip in contrast to the
markup command \fontsize changing everything in concert.

https://codereview.appspot.com/35320043/