Re: contributing instructions are misleading!

From: James
Subject: Re: contributing instructions are misleading!
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 17:32:20 +0000

On 07/12/13 17:15, Janek Warchoł wrote:
hi,

i'm infuriated.  A new contributor had turned up, read CG and sent his
patch to the "frogs" mailing list, which, as far as i know, is dead
(and since lilynet is down, i'm not sure it's actually working at
all).

This is absolutely unacceptable.  Not only is our contributing process
complicated, but the instructions we give are misleading!

I'm so angry that I'll actually go through the CG and update the
instructions right now, and will push directly to staging.  I don't
want to waste time on discussions this time, and i dont' actually have
time to go through formal review.  Any comments and adjustments are
welcome - please just send follow-up patches.

If anyone doesn't like what i'm going to do, please protest swiftly.

best,
Janek