Re: Website questions: GSoC

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Website questions: GSoC
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 16:59:27 +0100

Am 12.12.2013 16:51, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

Am 12.12.2013 16:39, schrieb Paul Morris:
Urs Liska wrote
Am 12.12.2013 14:10, schrieb Mike Solomon:
On Dec 12, 2013, at 3:06 PM, Urs Liska &lt;
ul@
&gt; wrote:
The page "GSoC 2012" is obviously outdated.

What should be done with it?
What about just changing it to "GSoC" (dropping the "2012") and make it a
general GSoC page.  Assuming we're still interested in attracting future
"GSoCoders," having this page shows our interest, our past participation,
and some examples of what future projects might look like.
Sounds good.
Could be made into sth like: "These are some ideas. Maybe you're
interested in such a project?"
What would be the basic requirement to apply for/participate in a
future GSoC?

Janek's GSoC work can legitimately be presented in a positive light: "he
learned a lot, the task turned out to be more involved than was first
thought, but he is still working on finishing it and is still actively
contributing to the project in other ways as well" etc.
If we turn it into a generic GSoC page that's certainly possible.
I'd let the topic of the last GSoC rest until there are more tangible
followup results.

What do you exactly mean by that? Leaving the page as it is currently?
Or removing the page completely?
I can't tell what you suggest.