Re: anyone notice speed of 2.17.95 on Windows ?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: anyone notice speed of 2.17.95 on Windows ?
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 21:59:48 +0100 (CET)

> I do see how sfnt_get_name_index() does a linear search through the
> font to find a matching name.  Much better if LilyPond could look up
> text characters by their Unicode encoding.

Well, there are historic reasons for that.  On the other hand, I think
that for lilypond, which often provides multiple glyph representation
forms of certain elements, glyph names are a better choice.

The linear search in `sfnt_get_name_index' could be easily improved by
providing a sorted array, replacing the linear search with binary
search.

    Werner