Question about Snippets new vs LSR

From: Pkx
Subject: Question about Snippets new vs LSR
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 00:45:46 +0000

Hello,

regarding editing/creating snippets says in the CG:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/contributor-big-page#adding-and-editing-snippets

Fixing Snippets in LilyPond Sources

--snip--
If the snippet comes from the LSR, also apply the fix to the snippet in the LSR and send a notification email to an LSR editor with CC to the development list – see Adding and editing snippets. The failure may sometimes not be caused by the snippet in LSR but by the syntax conversion made by convert-ly; in this case, try to fix convert-ly or report the problem on the development list, then run makelsr.py again, see LSR to Git. In some cases, when some features has been introduced or vastly changed so it requires (or takes significant advantage of) important changes in the snippet, it is simpler and recommended to write a new version of the snippet in ‘Documentation/snippets/new’, then run makelsr.py.

If the snippet comes from ‘Documentation/snippets/new’, apply the fix in ‘Documentation/snippets/new/foo.ly’, then run makelsr.py without argument from top of the source tree:
--snip--

So I have a tracker issue that recommends changing a snippet that comes from the LSR but with a syntax that won't work with the current version of LP in the LSR (which I think is 2.14.something right?).

So in that case if I create a new snippet, what do I do with the snippet already created?

Delete it, or just remove it from the ref in the NR (where the example is) and give the new snippet a different name?

I haven't done snippets for a while so have forgotten and the CG is not clear in the matter.

James